- US government shutdown may depress January job growth Channel NewsAsia
- No salary for 800,000 US government workers The Standard
- U.S. government shutdown may depress January job growth Reuters
- Unemployment Rate Was At 4-Year High During Demonetisation: Report The Quint
- Unemployment rose to four-year high in 2016-’17 after demonetisation, says survey: Business Standard Scroll.in
- View full coverage on Google News
A partial shutdown of the U.S. government could slash job growth by as much as 500,000 in January and lift the unemployment rate above 4.0 percent ...
Some 800,000 government workers missed their first paycheck on Friday following the partial shutdown which started on Dec. 22
A partial shutdown of the U.S. government could slash job growth by as much as 500,000 in January and lift the unemployment rate above 4.0 percent unless the impasse in Washington is resolved before next Friday, economists warned.
Unemploymet rate was at four-year high during the time of demonetisation in 2016-17, a Labour Bureau report said.
The Labour Bureau’s Sixth Annual Employment-Unemployment Survey said that the unemployment rate was 3.4% in 2013-’14, 3.7% in 2015-’16 and 3.9% in 2016-’17.