- Supporters of DRC candidate gather to denounce 'fraud' News24
- Congolese in Mombasa hail election outcome as they expect change The Standard
- DR Congo's Martin Fayulu to appeal election results Daily Nation
- Congo election loser Fayulu vows court challenge, violence feared The Standard
- Runner-up in Congo election says he beat official winner by wide margin The Guardian
- View full coverage on Google News
Part of the Congolese community living in Mombasa have expressed their satisfaction with election results in the Democratic Republic of Congo (DRC).
The declared result was a surprise to many.
Pre-election polls predicted a landslide win for Martin Fayulu but in a surprise result the businessman opposition leader, Felix Tshisekedi won.
Martin Fayulu’s campaign team says he won 60% of vote, fuelling febrile atmosphere as police and soldiers deployed across country