- Earth’s magnetic field is mysteriously acting up, pushing North Pole towards Siberia RT
- Scientists warn Earth's magnetic North Pole has begun moving erratically at speeds of 50km a year Daily Mail
- GPS systems in CHAOS as Earth’s magnetic North Pole is shifting ‘erratically’, scientists warn The Sun
- Earth’s Magnetic Field is Acting Strange – Scientists Aren’t Sure Why Sputnik International
- Earth's Magnetic Field Is Behaving Erratically, Baffling Scientists Futurism
- View full coverage on Google News
Earth’s magnetic field, the basis for modern global navigation systems, is constantly in some state of flux. However, it now seems to be going haywire, pushing the North Pole closer to Siberia, and no one’s sure why.
Researchers say the magnetic North Pole is 'skittering' away from Canada, towards Siberia.
EARTH'S magnetic North Pole is dramatically shifting by as much as 30 miles per year – and scientists have no idea why. Its mysterious motion has forced experts to issue an emergency update to maps used by GPS systems, which rely on the planet's magnetic poles to plan out travel routes for millions of Brits.
The magnetic poles are moving quickly, going away from Canada towards Siberia, yet geologists cannot determine why the change is so sudden and dramatic.
The Earth's magnetic field is behaving erratically, and researchers can't update an important model of it until the government shutdown ends.