- 52 mourners hospitalised in Bomet after eating bad meat at funeral The Star, Kenya
- 52 people admitted after food poisoning at burial ceremony in Bomet The Standard
- View full coverage on Google News
At least 52 people were on Friday hospitalised at Longisa Referral Hospital in Bomet after eating contaminated food in Tabook village, Bomet Central, the previous day.The 14 children, 29 women and nine men were part of a group of mourners who had attended a funeral.County Health executive Joseph Sitonik said the affected started complaining of abdominal pain and vomitting at around 12am.Health officials visited the village to treat the affected.
A burial at a village in Bomet Central nearly turned tragic after mourners were taken ill.
Many choose not to congratulate winner Felix Tshisekedi.
Editorial: Voters hoped for their country’s first democratic transition. Officials named an opposition candidate as the victor – but could this be another win for President Joseph Kabila?
The Catholic Church rejected the official result of Congo’s presidential election on Thursday and the loser denounced a “coup”, dashing hopes that the country could stage the first uncontested transfer of power in its 59 years of independence.